Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Throughout this course, you have learned about the components of a balanced approach to literacy. Teaching reading comprehension strategies plays an integral role in a balanced literacy program. In Teaching Reading in the 21st Century: Motivating All Learners (Graves, Juel, Graves, & Dewitz, 2010), the authors recommend instruction in a variety of comprehension strategies.
In this task, you will use what you have learned about reading instruction to create a reading comprehension or vocabulary lesson plan that focuses on one comprehension or vocabulary strategy.
A. Using the attached “Direct Instruction Lesson Plan Template,” create an aligned standards-based reading comprehension or vocabulary lesson plan for third- or fourth-grade general education students. Within the lesson plan, you must do the following:
Note: Part A should relate to the same single lesson plan, not multiple lesson plans.
1. Identify general information for the lesson plan, including each of the following elements:
• lesson title
• grade, level, and setting
• two prerequisite skills or connections to prior knowledge necessary for students to be able to participate in and benefit from the lesson plan
2. Identify one lesson standard and one measurable objective, including condition, behavior, and criterion.
3. Identify the lesson materials and technology used in the lesson for the students and the teacher.
4. Identify the language demands of the lesson by addressing the following elements:
• language function
• discourse and/or syntax
• planned language supports
5. Explain the instructional strategies and learning tasks of the lesson for each of the five steps in the lesson plan template for both the teacher and the student.
6. Explain an instructional accommodation for each of the following student populations:
• gifted and talented students
• English learners (ELs)
• students with other special needs (mild-to-moderate exceptionalities—for example, dyslexia or ADHD)
7. Describe how you will monitor, support, and evaluate student learning using a formative assessment.
8. Describe or provide a copy of the summative assessment for the lesson.
B. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
C. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.